From socializing at the Lincoln Center to visiting gifting suites — and parties and presentations; I captured some of this season’s NYC ventures off the runways on Instagram! My unrelenting Instagram habit includes snapping shoes, daily magazine inspirations, and anything I go crazy for!!! So, come join the fun (follow me, here)! But for the moment, here’s an unprecedented look into the Tents, along with other select excitement from NYFW!
1. Here, I’m striking a pose alongside my dream Mercedes-Benz sports car at the entrance of the Lincoln Center–
to show you how much of a huge fame whore, I really am. Despite having my license for more than half a decade, I’ve never received a speeding ticket, nor caused an accident! Thus, this vehicle is kinda like my future entitlement. Back to my sartorial commentary, here I’m sporting Prada shades, a black fur Yohji Yamamoto sweater, paired with a TopShop color-block blouse and metallic brocade trousers, complimented by MaxMara kicks! Note, I was obliged to visit TopShop, as soon as I hit NYC– and these garments are my first purchase upon arriving in the Big Apple.
2. In the Tent, Harper’s Bazaar curated a selection of exquisite accessories by Carolina Herrera — showcased inside a glass display box! This glamorous culmination includes a golden monogram clutch, bedazzling blue earrings and python sling backs, all of which are fit for a royal sartorial highness and would prompt any fashionista to go head-over-heels.
3. This is how Mercedes does lunch with a side of Macroons and a bar tender (note, I barely drink)! Despite enjoying the salad bar inside the IMG press lounge on a few occasions; I unsurprisingly gained a few pounds in NYC by savoring multiple gourmet meals and hors d’oeuvres on a daily basis— at events across the city. Nevertheless, my life seems to be an inevitable battle against my love for food versus my effort not to get fat.
4. Here’s a shot of a section of the press lounge at the Lincoln Center…. Isn’t it cool?!?
5. This season marked the Daily Front Row’s 10 year anniversary! In honor of this occasion the magazine celebrated with a few parties and various events throughout the week, which all included VIP guests, chic goodie bags, additional mouth-watering cuisine and other essential treats that any socialite would desire.
6. Emerging designer, LaQuan Smith lent my friend one his creations for an appearance — a dress with an exaggerated waste crafted out of plastic with a navy blue and black gradation print. The plastic motif added a voluminous appeal, which set this piece apart and rendered it an exceptional standout. Thus, upon returning LaQuan his garment, my friend and I explored his Fall presentation in the penthouse suite of the Hudson Hotel, which is very posh and extremely sexy!
7. In spite of this sponsored curation to promote Fiber One Bars and how they can encourage people to get their daily source of fiber, while enduring life on the go; this arrangement compelled me for the sake of chocolate and nerd specs. In addition, I’m infatuated with the aesthetic of turquoise and yellow, two shades that I plan to blend together in my wardrobe the near future.
8. In the midst of running around the city, I was fortunate to checkout Barbara Tfank’s Fall 2013 presentation at an art gallery downtown — her designs have been spotted on celebrities including Michelle Obama at a State of the Union address, Adele at the MTV Awards and Elizabeth Taylor at the Grammy’s. But stars aside, with ladylike silhouettes in many eye-popping colors, these designs ought to stand out on any special occasion. Moreover, the floral brocade and fur combination throughout this particular line definitely has a regal appeal that would make any lady look and feel like a million bucks!